The loofah has been used for bathing as early as the time of Cleopatra in Egypt around 50 BC. Traditional loofahs are made from the fruits of the gourd plant, which are allowed to mature and dry out on the vine itself and are later harvested to create sponges. While consumers may consider the “natural quality” as an attraction, it is also its major downfall. Being a natural plant product, once moistened, the traditional loofah becomes an ideal breeding ground for living organisms, like bacteria, mold and fungus. New Jersey based Dermatologist Dr. Birgit Toome said, “Bacteria can build up in the crevices and infect you via an open cut or acne.” If you use a traditional loofah once you may be okay. Use it twice and you are scrubbing yourself with a microbe-infused sponge. And, if you share that loofah, well you get the point!
The Brio Back and Body Scrubber Exfoliating Shower Scrub
- MACHINE WASHABLE
- LONG LASTING
- HANG DRY
- EXFOLIATES FOR RADIANT SKIN
- REDUCES BACTERIA GROWTH
- REDUCES BACK ACNE
Our Product and How it’s Different
The Brio Back and Body Scrubber Exfoliating Shower and Bath Scrub is currently the only product on the market of its kind. While full clinical studies are still underway, we are confidant that our product can be released to market to help consumers combat bacteria, and get the results they are looking for when bathing. The following are the features and benefits of our product:
- Water Repellent (Hydrophobic) – The Brio is made of specific yarn that acts as a water-repellent. Which means it dries out completely eliminating the moisture needed to breed bacteria.
- Reduces Bacteria Growth– While we are still waiting for clinical research, our personal findings have found that the hydrophobic material does dry completely, eliminating the ability for bacteria and mold to grow.
- Convenient Handles – Most loofahs on the market do not allow you to reach those hard-to-reach spots, including your back. The Brio is over 26 inches long, and has handles so you can reach your back while scrubbing.
- Mildly Abrasive– The Brio does have a porous texture to it. Once lathered it’s just abrasive enough to allow the skin to exfoliate, but not scratch or harm the skin.
- Exfoliates for Radiant Skin – The abrasive nature of the Brio exfoliates the skin, and provides radiant healthy skin.
- Machine Washable – Throw your Brio in any household washing machine occasionally to wash it.
- Hand or Tumble Dry– After you wash the Brio throw it into any traditional dryer or simply hang it dry.
- Long-Lasting– The Brio is designed with a rugged and durable yarn, which will provide our users with a long-lasting product for years to come.